Thursday 10 October 2013

Designing Album Artwork

My initial photo was taken of a vase of sunflowers in my house. After editing it on apps fpr iPod such as VSCOcam and Afterlight I decided to experiment with the volume buttons; an idea I gained from looking on Instagram. After adding further light leaks and filters
I decided I liked the overal effect and decided to use it for my album cover.

I then added a bold 'sticker' on the left hand side to draw the audience's attention to the album namethat will be featured within. I then thought of putting the artist's name in it too, however I realised there would not be enough room, so I thought of putting it in the bottom right hand corner. I then began to experiment with fonts, sticking to the theme of handwritten styles.

A Gentle Touch
I liked this font but was unsure about spacing in between the letters, as they are tightly packed together and I wanted something that was more free.

Always in my heart
Even though it is grammatically correct, the style of the capital A, in my opinion, doesn't match the album cover. The writing at the bottom is too rounded and it's not a font I wish to use.

Brain Flower
I like the shaky, skeletal style of the font, however I don't feel it matches my style of album cover.

Brain Flower (option 2)
I then experimented with the sizing of the font, making beautiful bigger and overlapping with the edges of the circle. I titled the font so it wasn't parallel with the edges of the volume button. Even though it looks interesting I still don't think  it matches my album cover.

You wont bring me down
I think the font is too thin and not bold enough for people to read it easily, therefore it is not one of my main choices for my album cover. It seems too sketchy and thin, it doesn't acheive the style that I want it to.



Chosen font:

Never Let Go
This is my favourite font and the chosen style to use as my album cover. I like the handwritten effect and the boldness of the text,as it is easy to read yet still looks authentic and matches my style and theme.




No comments:

Post a Comment