Wednesday 4 September 2013

SONG CHOICE

Youth Lagoon - Afternoon:



Lyrics: 

The TV lights the room,
Like a strobe against the wall.
I've watched all afternoon without watching at all

I'm thinking of you dear,
Every moment of the way.
I tied my hands with rope now watch you escape,
And I make no mistake.

There's a demon on the loose,
He's a head under our floor.
Cause I saw him late last night,
Knocking on my bedroom door.

I have surely saved my blood,
Popping through my body's face.
And when I speak I don't make sense,
But believe me when I see.

Why we chose the song: 

It's got a light hearted beat and the music is enjoyable to listen to, however there is a negative undertone that features in many Florence and the Machine songs. 
Florence chooses to put slightly melancholy and negative lyrics with a happy melody, to create mixed feelings within her songs, and her videos are always simple and some feature natural scenery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment